Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Case Studies

Founded in 1957 as Sheffield Insulations, SIG plc has now grown into a £3 billion multinational distributor of specialist construction products. Its new headquarters building, Signet House, is located in Sheffield Business Park and provides 22,000ft of office space for SIG plc group management and departments such as human resources and finance.

Located in the town's Ransomes Europark development, the head office was originally equipped with 4 x 36W switch-start Category 2 modular fittings, which were being replaced at the end of their life.

To prepare St Pancras Station for its role as the London terminus for Eurostar, London & Continental Railways spent £800million restoring the original Barlow Shed to its Victorian grandeur and adding a new extension to accommodate the longer Eurostar trains. As part of this process, the lighting was renewed throughout the station.

Originally constructed in the 1930s for use as a cinema and theatre, the Gaumont Palace was subsequently converted into a bingo hall and eventually renamed as the Dominion Centre when it became a place of worship. The building retains its original high ceiling and has 12 large 400W metal-halide house lights recessed into the ornate plasterwork.

The striking Yas Hotel is the centrepiece of the $36 billion Yas Marina development accompanying the new Formula 1 racing circuit in Abu Dhabi. The 500-room, 85,000 square metre complex comprises two towers positioned on either side of the race track, linked together by a monocoque constructed bridge.

Accommodating Watson Batty’s 50-strong workforce, Shires House is a purpose-built three-storey headquarters building, which has won a number of awards for its innovative design and strong emphasis on sustainability features. The building utilises a geothermal heating and cooling system, so there are no conventional suspended ceilings.