CA452001EN - March 2015
Intellem self check offers a simple and cost
effective solution to the mandatory requirements
for the regular testing of emergency luminaires.
The system requires no setting up. Converted
luminaires are simply installed, providing instant
monitoring of the emergency circuit and automatic
testing at intervals compliant with legislation.
System status is clearly indicated via the LED flash
sequence and on-board audible alarm, which can be
disabled if required by the user. Intellem self check
is particularly beneficial in refurbishment projects,
as no additional cabling is required.
• Provides simple reliable automatic testing of
emergency lighting reducing maintenance cost
• Tests fully comply with EN 50172 for peace of
• Easy to install stand alone operation minimising
cost and reducing install time
• No additional data cable
• Offset feature to stagger testing ensures
consistent emergency cover at all times
• 28 day cycle so tests occur on a consistent day
of the week
• Provides simple intelligent self-testing of emergency lighting
• An Intellem diagnostic unit is fitted into all suitable self-
contained dedicated emergency luminaires and mains
luminaires converted for emergency operation.
• Upon initial power up, the unit self calibrates, determining
the correct values for the parameters to be checked during
monitoring and testing.
• Test intervals are determined from the moment of initial power
up, with a built-in automatic additional 12 hour initial delay to
ensure that luminaires installed during the day are tested at
• A full duration test is initiated 36 hours after initial power up
to commission the unit.
• Luminaire status is continuously monitored and information
provided via the luminaire LED and on-board audible alarm. In
the event of a fault, the on-board audible alarm operates, and
the precise nature of the fault indicated by the LED flashing
sequence (see table below).
• Audible alarm can be disabled if required.
• Testing is automatically carried out as per the Intellem testing
schedule, to meet and exceed the requirements of EN 50172.
• The first function test occurs 28 days after the initial
commissioning test, subsequent tests take place every 28
days, every 12th test is automatically scheduled for a full 3 hour
Intellem self check is compatible with the majority of Eaton’s
dedicated emergency fittings or converted mains luminaires fitted
with an Eaton emergency conversion kit. The module is supplied
pre-fitted and tested, installation of self-test emergency luminaires
is the same as for a standard emergency fittings. No system
adjustment or programming is needed. Throughout this catalogue
luminaires available with Intellem self check are highlighted in the
relevant product sections.